Monday, April 19, 2010

9 * 1 = 57

Working on the algorithm, and getting the gps in a usable format.

Currently the arduino is saying:
9 * 1 = 57.

I am guessing that there is some strange type issues occurring, but can't be sure yet.

Be in touch!
(Oh also, I took some 'field data' aka ran around campus to find a smooth walkway to test.. photos to come, and maybe video in a day or two.)


Update:
When I converted the data from the serial stream of the GPS to an int - 48 was being added.
so when gps_value = 3:
int(gps_value) = 51

I know 48 is 110000 in binary - so the value isn't a 'surprise'.. im just not sure where it is coming from. Because it reads out to the serial-out of the arduino as gps_value = 3.

Oh well.. ONWARDS!
Coordinates now usable within a routing algorithm!



NEW UPDATE:
I didn't think of the ascii representation of the integers when they exist as a char.
For reference:
http://arduino.cc/en/Reference/ASCIIchart

This all makes 1000x more sense now -> for some reason I assumed that the data type was an int by default not a char :(
(I need to be getting more sleep this last week of classes doh!)

No comments:

Post a Comment